Sunday, August 14, 2016

American Medal Winners give Glory to God

Comment Up

American Medal Winners give tribute to God for their outstanding achievements in the Summer Olympics in Rio.

“We both know that our identity is in Christ, and we’re thankful for this opportunity to be able to dive in front of Brazil and in front of the United States. It’s been an absolutely thrilling moment for us.”
~ David Boudia, Silver Medal Winner

“If something went great, I was happy. If something didn’t go great, I could still find joy because I’m at the Olympics competing with the best person, the best mentor — just one of the best people to be around. God’s given us a cool opportunity, and I’m glad I could come away with an Olympic silver medal in my first-ever event.”
~ Steele Johnson, Silver Medal Winner

“All I can say is all glory to God."
~ Simone Manuel, Gold Medal Winner in 100 Freestyle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this too Lynn, this is very nice to show your faith and give thanks to God. I am not crazy about competition and gold medals and the US having to win everything, this part worries me about the olympics and competition. I hope more start showing their faith from the Olympics. I think it was Mother Teresa who said, "God doesn't care about our successes, he cares about our faith." I hope all of us will start giving more credit to God and have greater faith. This is what all individuals and the world needs right now. When the USA wins the most Gold medals or is in top place I am afraid it is only going to make the rest of world be against us, is this what we want? Is this competition really healthy for our world as a whole? There is more to our world than sports and winning. What mother Teresa did is far more reaching than any of these athletes.

Lynn Anderson said...

There is nothing wrong with striving to be the best you can be.

Anonymous said...

What about all the metal winners that don't thank god, or don't believe in god or just thank their parents or coaches, are you saying they are bad people?

Lynn Anderson said...

Does that question deserve an answer?
You are a manager of the gifts God has given to you. They may be great or small in your eyes, but they matter to God. “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 NIV). When God made you, he made an investment in you, and he expects a return on that investment. Why not say "thanks?"